Our commitment to privacy
The Santen Publications Plus website (www.santenpublicationsplus.com) (the “website”) is operated by Santen S.A. (La Voie-Creuse 14, 1202 Geneva, Switzerland, URL: www.santen.eu) for Santen Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., its parent company (Grand Front Osaka Tower A, 4-20 Ofuka-cho, Kita-ku, Osaka 530-8552, Japan, URL: https://www.santen.com/en/), and its subsidiaries worldwide (“Santen”, “we” or “our”).
Our aim is to offer to medical researchers and healthcare professionals (“you”, “your” or “website users”), a scientific resources hub to access dedicated scientific sources, discovering Santen peer-reviewed publications in ophthalmology area.
At Santen, we recognize the importance of, and are fully committed to protecting the privacy of personal data related to all individuals with whom we interact. This Policy is designed to assist you in making informed decisions when using our website or interacting with us.
Individuals are recommended to read carefully this Policy before disclosing any personal data and/or filling in any electronic form posted on this website. By visiting our website or by providing us your personal data, you agree and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as outlined in this Policy.
Scope of this policy
In the following we wish to provide you with information on how we handle your personal data when you use our website.
Personal data we collect
We may collect and process the following personal data about you, including but not limited to:
- Identification information and contact details such as name and email address,
- Professional data such as your field of expertise and your organization/ institution you are belonging to.
- Digital data generated from your use of our website such as date and time of access, IP address, your browser type and version, time zone setting, time period of user’s staying on a single page, content request, status of access/Http status code, transferred volume of data, website requesting access, the internal path analysis and/or other parameters regarding the user’s operating system and computer environment, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other data transmitted via cookies. This data is collected and used only in an aggregated and not immediately identifiable manner.
- Other information such as communications and queries you make to Santen.
Personal data related to you may be collected automatically by your use of our website or whenever you choose to disclose it by completing our Contact us online form or whenever you choose to send us directly an email at the designated email address.
Legal basis of processing
Santen processes personal data based on one or more of the following conditions:
- on the basis of your consent, for example in order to handle and respond to a communication or a query you have submitted to Santen via the Contact Us form or for the deployment of optional cookies such as functional or performance cookies or to send you in the future electronic communications about medical education, product information or other promotional activities of Santen; in such cases, such consent can be withdrawn at any time and without giving any reasons;
- On the basis of Santen’s legitimate interests where such processing is strictly necessary for the technical operation of the website.
- Where the processing is necessary to ensure Santen’s compliance with a legal obligation, for example when you report an adverse event to us;
If you do not wish to give consent or wish to withdraw your consent to any non-essential cookies at any time, you will need to modify your preferences in the cookies settings or delete, and block or disable cookies via your browser settings. This may, however, lead to a restriction of the functions or have adverse effects on the user-friendliness of our website.
Redirect to other web sites
Disclosure of personal data
Personal data are not disseminated to unspecified recipients. Santen discloses your personal data to third party recipients on a need-to-know basis where this is reasonably permitted to pursue its legitimate business aims and as required by applicable law (i.e disclosure of your personal data to IT and web hosting service providers).
The following rights are in general available to you according to applicable data privacy laws:
- Provide you with further details on the processing of your personal information;
- Provide you access to your personal data that we hold about you;
- Update any inaccuracies in the personal information we hold that is demonstrated to be inaccurate or incomplete;
- Delete any personal information that we no longer have a lawful basis to use;
- Stop a particular processing when you withdraw your consent;
- Object to any processing based on the legitimate interests or public interest to process information, unless our reasons for undertaking that processing outweigh any prejudice to your data protection rights; and
- Restrict certain aspects of the processing of your information.
All data protection related requests should be addressed to the relevant Privacy Office of your region or country. To contact such local Privacy Office, please see ‘Contact information’ in this Policy.
If you have any questions in relation to this Policy, or you want to obtain more information about Santen’s privacy practices, please contact the relevant Privacy Office of your region or country as follows:
Last updated on 24th December, 2021